Useful Information

City of Edinburgh Council 

Home page of their website

Road Disruptions  - locations and dates for roadworks and traffic disruptions 

Consultation Hub - topics being considered for Edinburgh which you may wish to comment on 

Reporting illegally parked vehicles - information on what constitutes an illegally parked vehicle & how to report it.

Paying for a Care Home - information about care home charges and paying for them


Local and National Government Contacts

City Councillors for Ward 9 (Fountainbridge/Craiglockhart Ward)

Constituency & Regional MSPs for Edinburgh Southern

MP for Edinburgh South West

Neighbouring Community Councils :

Longstone     Hutchison Chesser     Morningside    Merchiston     Firrhill    

Colinton and the Colinton Amenity Association

Police Scotland

Contact the Police Scotland Community Team email EdinburghFountainbridgeCraiglockhartCPT@scotland.pnn.police.uk

Sign up to Neighbourhood Watch Alerts 

Local Police News on Twitter

Police surgery is held on the last Thursday of the month at 2pm at Fountainbridge Library

Report an on-going incident or incident requiring police response phone 101 or 999 if an emergency.


Ad Hoc

Report Graffiti and Damage - information we have pulled together to let you know who to report it to.

Overhanging Foliage eg Trees, hedges, bushes   
Information on how far back hedges, trees etc should be cut back - https://www.gardeningdata.co.uk/shrubs/hedges_and_roads/hedge_trim_highway.php

If overhanging foliage is a problem it can be raised directly with the owner of the relevant property.
If this is not appropriate or does not work then it can be reported on the CEC website -


site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement